Mission Of The PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To build close relationships between home and school so that parents and teachers may cooperate in the education of children and youth.
- To develop united efforts between educators and the general public to secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Ways to volunteer
- Help the PTA engage in advocacy for children in schools, communities, before government bodies and other organizations making decisions affecting children.
- Contact local legislators or become a local unit legislative chair.
- Work with the school to implement a strong family engagement policy.
Updated July 23, 2013