Even if your child has had a picture taken, they will be cut from the yearbook if a Student Publication/Audio/Video Release Form has not been completed.
The form and following information are included in this link.
Student Publication/Audio/Video Release By providing Hawaii Department of Education (HIDOE) your permission, the student’s names and/or likenesses, photo, video, and/or audio may be used in HIDOE school-related publication print and analog/digital media. Examples of HIDOE school-related publications, include but are not limited to:
- A playbill, showing the student’s role in a drama production
- Annual yearbook
- Student photographs for classroom / teacher use
- Honor roll or other recognition lists and programs
- Graduation programs and announcements
- Sports activity programs or sheets, such as for wrestling, showing weight and height of student
- School newsletters
- Audio and video recordings to aid with reinforcing appropriate behaviors
- Audio and video recording capturing those memorable moments, such as graduation ceremonies and May Day and other holiday programs or school events
- Student photographs for classroom and teacher use
- Officially recognized activities and events
Hawaii student teachers participating in educator preparation programs and staff in professional development courses within the HIDOE may have access to student work and/or other student publications during the course of their studies.
By checking “yes” and signing the Student Publication/Audio/Video Release Form, parents, guardians, and eligible students provide permission for all publication items for HIDOE noncommercial, educational purposes and cannot select individual items.
Posted March 2, 2017